Real Estate Wealth Expo

7 Replies

[size=18]The Learning Annex: Real Estate Wealth Expo[/size]

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you know about a series of conferences in NY, LA, and Chicago. April 30 and May 1st in LA......

Trump, Tony Robbins, Kiyosaki, and others will be there. It's being presented by the Learning Annex. Go here for more info on the Wealth Expo!

Seems like something worth going to.... :groovy:

That sure sounds interesting... thanks for passing it on!

Seems linke something everyone would find useful. I have no vested interest in the thing. I'm just looking to get the word out to my fellow investors! Good luck all!

Seems cool. I maight try to catch the Chicago show in November. Can't plan that far in the future, but I'll let you all know what I decide.

Too bad they're not having it here in San Fran. Let us know what it's like.

When is the next event ?

I went to the one in Boston on December 3-4. The novelty factor of seeing George Foreman, Robert Kiyosaki, Donald Trump and others speak was fun but you don't get anything concrete to walk away with other than a sales pitch. Also, there were a lot of different sidebar "classes" and I use the term loosely. Anyone who's been around this industry long knows that almost every "class" is a thinly disguised sales pitch. Most of these took "thinly disguised" to a new level. I felt the sales pitch was full on, all the time.

That said, as always, I picked up a VERY few nuggets and made a few contacts which were my objectives for the weekend. I suggest, though, that nobody will walk away having learned anything substantial without "coming to my weekend seminar for $x,xxx..."

Also, and this was an unexpected relief as my company almost bought a booth...the exibition hall of vendors was pathetic in terms of scope and size. I think there were about 30 vendors total and 80% of them were "Buying Real Estate in my hyper-awesome --insert town in FLA-- Back Yard". I made connections with a rehab financier, a security systems company, and one tenant screening company but they were the exceptions. Having been to many trade shows, this was probably the worst in terms of number and breadth of vendors on the floor.

Finally <ahem> if you're going to go, bring some business cards and don't pay full price. Whatever you do, I cannot suggest you buy the VIP tickets. You get to sit about 9' closer to the guests than general admission (no exaggeration) and the "VIP" dining area was a dirty roped off corner of the sub-standard cafeteria hall. The only thing separating them from the commoners was a 2" gnarled rope. Nothing VIP about it. The Learning Annex will run a lot of promotions running up to the event and if you listen to the radio or TV at all you should get tickets for $99 instead of $179 if not better.

Have fun! :kewl:

Having gone to the expo, I must say that if you're interested in a bunch of sales pitches all day, go for it. You're not likely to pick up that much fresh information there. The only reason I'd ever go again is for networking purposes.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.