Getting more deals with one simple question

4 Replies

I just read a great post on Dave Whisnant's real estate blog (http://4-real-estate-investing.blogspot.com/). He talked about doubling deals with one simple step.

As the following:
"I am looking for a few more rentals right now. I didn't know if you owned any other properties?"

This he claims, should lead to the possibility of more deals, or at least a better deal on the one you're working on.

This sounds to me like fantastic advice! I'm certainly going to try it out on the next deal. Let us know if you try it and how it works! Thanks, Dave! :mrgreen:

I guess that is simple but profound. Certainly a question that could lead to the possibilty of getting more leads.

I've tried something similar. It really is a good thing to do. Its like asking for the sale at the end of a sales call/meeting. Anyway, I've gotten good leads from the question, but haven't yet had a success. I think it will eventually lead to a deal! You should all definately do something similar to this if you're serious about finding property.

Let me add something to this. Why not also ask:

"If not, then do you have any friends or associates who also be selling?

Seems like a logical next step, no?

Originally posted by Pam Hudson:
Let me add something to this. Why not also ask:

"If not, then do you have any friends or associates who also be selling?

Seems like a logical next step, no?

EXACTLY!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.