• Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Advice with business model please? Keep renting or Sell

Joshua D.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted May 28 2017, 10:06

my wife and I got into real estate investing about two years ago. I am going to put below the RE deals that we have made, thus far. We are both 28 and looking to really create a good business model and i think we have and will let everyone be the judge of that.

1. Duplex- have 21k into-Worth 35k- Generating $1,280/month in rent

2. SFH- have 30k into-Worth 75k- Generating $925/month in rent

3. SFH- have 39k into-worth 75k- Generating $1250/month in rent

4-5 SFH's- have 55k into both homes on same property- Worth 90k- generating $1747/month in rent

6. SFH- have 50k into- Worth 100k- generating $950/month in rent

7. SFH- have 50k into -Worth 100k- generaing $1250/month in rent

8. SFH Just purchased for $23,500, will have maybe $50k into it- will generate $900-$1200 rent or I'm thinking of selling for maybe 100k-130k. What determines if i should rent or sell?

NOW, granted, these numbers don't include our utilities costs/lines of credit costs, etc.

(However, we are in $138,500 debt total with the properties above .)

With us growing, we get nervous every now and again that we are doing the right thing. Sure, we've gained tons in equity, but then you get nervous wondering, "well what if i couldn't sell it?" I honestly put the properties worth lower then what i think they could sell for to play it save. Any realtor would list for a lot more.

Do you ever get nervous about sinking so much money into real estate? Do you think that it's 100% worth it? Feeling victorious but a little fearful, is it jusitified? Is it normal to ever feel apprehensive at times, hoping and praying that you're doing the right thing? The main question is property number 8 should i rent or sell. What determines that? Please help with advice. We have not sold a property yet we just rent should we sell anything?

Loading replies...