• Tampa, FL
Votes |
Virtual Assistant or Local Assistant?

Jason Pinkerton
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Aug 21 2017, 14:24

Hey BP World!

Like the title says, which is better, a VA or real assistant you see semi-regularly. Here's the backstory...

I recently got serious into REI. Started my education 9 months ago when I realized renting out my house wasn't adding up the way I wanted it and figured there had to be a better way, thus discovering BP. Once I finally made the commitment to do this, I bought 3 properties within a month of the jump while selling the home that wouldn't rent well enough to be worth it. I quickly found out that was more than my "system" could handle. You see, I work a full time job in which I am virtually disconnected with the world for 8 hours a day, Monday-Friday. No cell phone, no e-mail, barely reachable by work phone. A bit of an issue when you're needing to send documents back and forth and be reachable for questions regularly. While I can step away from work for a short bit to check my phone/e-mail, this system is far from productive and leads to many individuals getting frustrated.

So, I need someone who can fill out paperwork (shy of signing), review it, manage the deals, do bookkeeping, and compile each day's happenings where I can quickly go through it and make sure everything is order. I have a hard time turning over every bit of my life to someone I've never seen or met (yes, I've read Tim Ferris's opinion on the matter) and hope they don't screw me over down the road. I feel like a local assistant, though maybe more costly, would bring a sense of security (to me) as well as reachability during east coast business hours. Any thoughts/experience on the matter? 

Also, I live in the Tampa Bay, FL area, so if anyone has any recommendations, I would be most appreciative. Thanks!

-Jason Pinkerton

Loading replies...