Newbie looking to learn with someone to do a partnership

4 Replies

Newbie here!
I've been looking to do a fix and flip but unfortunately I do not have enough money for a down payment for a hard money loan and still have lots of learning to do. I would love to start out with a partnership with someone who can just show me the ropes in things. I live in Bridgeport, CT.
Any help and even advice would be great and appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

@Melissa Rivera

Go find a few local REIA, network with others and build relationships. That's how you will find someone, you're comfortable with, to partner with.

Like all partnerships, one must bring value - otherwise there is no point of a partnership. If you can't bring $ or the technical know how, how about finding a deal or offering your time to hustle?

I would be careful as well if anyone offers you a JV from your post here.

Thank you for your insight Chris! I will look into finding one soon!

Hi Melissa I'm from Bridgeport too and I still new but had done lot of research and been learning for 5 months 

find a partner is hard you just see people posting that they like to help or are willing to help but at the moment you need someone it is not the reality

so I suggest that keep learning on you own and put in practice what you learn and keep it up

Melissa there is a monthly meetup in. fairfield at Crave. I think it’s the 3rd Wed of the month

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.