Anyone ever attend a RE Mentor training?

3 Replies

Has anyone ever attended a RE Mentor seminar? They are in the Chicago area later this month and offer a free2 hour training in multifamily. I am always skeptical about these things and was wondering if it's a waste of time.

I attended one here in VA and for me it was a waste of time. The free training was some general information mixed with high pressure sales to buy into his "mentoring/leadership" program. Honestly, I did learn one new piece of information about FHA loans but everything else I had already heard from BP and Google. Just my personal experience and hope it helps.

@Russ Fry When I was starting out, I went to the free Rich Dad Education seminar. They sold me on the $300 weekend seminar. At that seminar they try to sell you on a variety of packages ranging from $15k-$50+k, I did not purchase this. 

I did learn some things at the weekend seminar, but not a lot. Certainly nothing that couldn't have been learned by doing my own research and networking on sites and podcasts like BP. 

At the very least, maybe you'll learn something new. But beware, they are very good at trying to sell you more and more training/mentorship. They'll even tell you how to increase your credit limits so you can purchase their classes (except they say they are teaching you how to fund deals with your credit cards).

Thanks for the replies. I figured it was going to be some sales pitch to buy something else. I think I would be better off spending that 2 hours of time on BP then going there. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.