Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Michaela G.
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Who do I call? Ghostbusters won't help ;-)

Michaela G.
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Mar 16 2018, 13:15

So, I have a big lot and I own properties adjoining on 3 sides, BUT there's one (crack) house that's adjoining on the back and they won't let me build my fence there. 

Last time I called the police and he stated that he would accept a survey. So, I got a full survey done and today the surveyor came back and set the pins and pink flags. I took a picture and later caught him kicking the flag down , he was again insisting that I would take part of their yard (actually, me fencing it off would put a cramp into their crack traffic, which cuts through another yard and then through mine to get to the back of theirs.). 

I had the police there again and they say that I'd have to take him to court, since this is a civil issue. But since I have all the proof that that is my property, wouldn't he have to be the one to take me to court, if he doesn't like the fence? He doesn't own my property. 

To make it more complicated, he doesn't own 'his' property either. It was his aunt's, who died in 2012. He is one of her many nephews and nieces, who took over the house and it's a hub for crack and prostitution. 

How would you deal with this? I have to build this fence to protect myself from them.

Loading replies...