Investment for non us

5 Replies

Hi @Nana Piesie and welcome to BP! What are you trying to accomplish? Are you looking for cash flow, return on investment, appreciation, or something else?

Also, in what parts of the US are you considering investing?

Originally posted by @Nana Piesie :

I'm new to BP. I have listen to several podcast now for 6 months and i found turnkey real estate very interesting. 

Could anyone help me to get started as a non-  us resident 

Major downside in investing in US real estate as a non US resident is financing. You'll need to pay cash for everything which can be a bummer as the ability to use leverage is what sets real estate investing apart from other investment vehicles like the stock market or bitcoin.

Do you have a decent rental market in the country you have citizenship in?

@James Wise the market in sweden is to high i missed my chances for 10 years ago when the banks gave loan on everything etc . now its very strict plus the prices are very high and low returns. the only other place i'm looking in to is UK but it seems like the also are getting alot of rules. the issues with the us market as an foreigner is that the loans make you earn very small amount every month .

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you