Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
8y
When you say, "we all know", are you implying that what you say is Gospel Truth?
My prep consists of continuing what I'm doing now.
If you analyze properly, and buy based on that analysis, any "downturn" should impact you less than others, and in fact, set you up to be empowered during that "downturn".
The Risk Controls you put in place, and follow, for the "upturns", should have the same control during a downturn.
Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 3 votes
8y
@joe villeneuve I'm simply stating that what goes up must come down. Most markets across the nation have seen climbing prices and it simply can't be sustained forever.
E.g. I can predict with 100% certainty that in the next 1,000 years we will have a catastrophic war and/or economic failure that will ruin a ton of people.
But I can't live my entire life in fear of these events.
Similarly as @Joe Villeneuve has pointed out. 9/10 times you will be fine as long as you have a solid strategy with a margin of safety and manageable leverage. Worrying about things beyond our control will just lead to additional stress and serves no purpose.
P.S. Repeating Rod Khleif's line doesn't work in your case. He is an experienced investor with a track record who's talking about a bigger point - over-leveraged assets bought at inflated prices.