Investmetnt in Fort Worth

8 Replies

Hi,

How is Fort Worth for equity appreciation over the next 5 years. Dallas and suburbs are already appreciated a lot over the last 5 years and it does not maker much  sense to invest in Dallas. But Fort Worth still shows up in numbers for investment cities. Any ideas?

Between Amazon and Lockheed Martin hiring extensively I think it's sensible to see similar, but less powerful growth in Fort Worth. They aren't bringing in a Toyota or similar HQ (unless DFW is chosen for Amazon HQ2), so the growth won't be as rapid. However cash flows and appreciation have been constant, steady, and above national averages. Hope this helps.

@Narjodh Singh

The northern part of Tarrant County is still growing and appreciating well. Cost of entry is higher but that is your best bet for appreciation. There is a large commercial airport (used for freight exclusively) and many businesses around. Charles Schwab is building a huge complex that is rumored to be set up for a future relocation out of CA. It is opening as a regional hub with 5,000 employees in 2019 but has room to hold twice as much when all phases are complete. Here is an article from last fall on the move from the Dallas Business Journal

Thank you for sharing the article Ryan. It seems good location in North Fort worth, Keller, Southlake , Westlake. The price of the homes are available in low 200K, which seems reasonable especially comparing it to DFW prices. When you say higher cost of entry, do you target the new homes. 

@Narjodh Singh Many homes in that area that are 4/2/2 (that is the common size for that area) are typically starting around $300k or at least high $200's. I wouldn't go for new homes. I think it will give you less return. Comparitive to the rest of Tarrant County, this is high.

The median home prices in Fort Worth are generally lower than most parts of N Dallas and Collin County (Frisco, Plano, McKinney). Some pockets still have some value add opportunity.

@Ryan Blake , that is interesting. I didn't know that about Charles Schwab. I currently own a home in NFW that I'd be thinking of selling. Perhaps I should keep it a touch longer. Checking out your linked article. Thank you for sharing that. 

@Claire H. The article just talks about the main phase 1 of the project which is opening the regional center but they are building the space to accommodate more than they would need for their regional centers. They are also making it a huge campus with restaurants and other amenities that are not present on any other of their facilities. I also know some people who work there and have heard rumors that they are working with all the executives to get them ready for a move. The regional center will be open next year but the HQ move could still be a few years down the road.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you