Seeking connections in Ogden, UT and surrounding areas

13 Replies

Hello everyone! My wife and I are visiting friends in Ogden and surrounding areas and would love to connect with local investors while we are here for the next week or so. Does anyone know of a scheduled meet up or would anyone like to go have coffee this week? A bit about us: we are living/traveling in our camper full time in search of our next “home” or an area we can work in for a while (flipping and/or buy and holds).

I haven't looked at their calendars recently, but your best bet to find a local meetup are the 3 area REIA's:

utahreia.org, nureia.org, slreia.com

I'm actively investing in the surrounding areas - Steamboat itself is too expensive to make sense. I've also been looking extensively in Northern Utah, including Ogden, and will likely end up purchasing in the area eventually.

Wow! I just glanced at some Steamboat properties online. We’ll be traveling through western, and southwestern Colorado in less than a month. Any recommendations? We love to be outdoors (hiking, biking, fly fishing etc) which is why we’re searching for a farm area that would also be a good hub to adventure out of.

Thanks Mark! We’ll be in the area for at least another week. Unfortunately, we’ll probably be leaving before their next meeting. I thought I saw a BP group meet up for the last Wednesday of the month, but I haven’t been able to locate that thread again to check time/place.

@Logan Gill I have some property leads in and around Ogden basically Weber county that I am getting ready to lock up.

There is an investor luncheon this wednesday September 26, 2018 in Roy at the Village Inn

1780 W 5600 S, Roy, UT 84067

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 12p

Hope you can make it there and we can chat!

@Logan Gill If you like the outdoors, you'll love SW Colorado. Depending on where you're headed, consider coming over from Utah via the back route through Dinosaur instead of just the freeway - it's a lot more scenic. Or swing through Moab on the way.

Make sure to do the drive between Silverton/Ouray and Durango. Plenty of outdoor activities in that area as well. Also strongly suggest making a stop in the Telluride area if you've never been.

In terms of property, you'll find an endless supply of small farm towns in that whole corner of the state you could use as a base - for the actual investing, there's not that many larger markets - Grand Junction, Durango, the I-70 corridor. Maybe Montrose, Pagosa Springs, or Cortez.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more details on either the adventuring or the investing.

@Logan Gill if you come through Montrose, CO which, I highly recommend you do, let me know. I'd love to meet up and chat. I can also tell you about the market a bit and tell you the good spots for pretty much everything outdoors. I do a lot of biking, hiking, camping, snowboarding, etc. and I'm a broker here as well. Montrose has a lot of cool stuff going on and I'd argue its got some of the best access to all things outdoors in every direction but still a big enough town to make things happen. Anyway, let me know and enjoy UT its awesome as well! 

Thanks @AaronH. We’ll definitely check those areas out. We’ll actually be heading there from Moab (where we spent our honeymoon) since we’ll be there again for our anniversary. My in laws are flying into Grand Junction on the 15th of October to explore the four corners area with us for a couple weeks.

@Aaron Tobler I’d love to connect with you as well since we’ll be in and around the Montrose area in mid-late October.

Thanks again for the responses, guidance, and advice!

Logan

@Logan Gill @Aaron Tobler is correct - this side of the Rockies is excellent for outdoor life. You mentioned "farm life". You may want to stay at the lower elevations (such as the Grand Junction - Montrose corridor) due to average temps and growing seasons. There is a local meet-up group: WCAREI that usually has a lunch meet up the first Wednesday of the month. I just checked their October calendar and it isn't updated yet. I messaged them - maybe they will update soon. If you are coming through Grand Junction I'd be happy to meet... 

Thanks for the insight, @Teri S.! We’ll actually be rolling into Grand Junction on October 14th for a couple days, as my in laws are flying in to travel with us for a while.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you