How do I find property owners telephone numbers online?

25 Replies

It's hard finding numbers online because most are unlisted, on a do not call list, change their number too frequently, or have cell phones. I try yellowpages.com for free. Your best bet is the mail.

Well, there is that issue with the Do Not Call law. You better not be cold calling people soliciting them for business or you could have someone file a complaint against you. Send a letter or a post card.

Originally posted by Curt Davis:
You dont, you might try sending letters to their mailing address as it is much easier. Good luck

What if their mailing address is the 'abandoned' house your inquiring about?

Put "Address Service Requested" on the letter, above the address. The PO will forward it, if there's an address, and send you a card with the new address.

But the reality is that many owners will be difficult to contact. This is a numbers game. Send out 1000 letters and maybe you'll buy a property or two.

Originally posted by Jon Holdman:
Put "Address Service Requested" on the letter, above the address. The PO will forward it, if there's an address, and send you a card with the new address.

But the reality is that many owners will be difficult to contact. This is a numbers game. Send out 1000 letters and maybe you'll buy a property or two.

^^ Didn't know about the 'ASR' thing....Anyone have any experience with peoplefinders.com?

As a former telemarketer, I can tell you that finding a homeowners phone number is very tough these days. The main reason being that most people have completely done away with land lines and switched to cell phones. And as everybody knows, cell phones are unlisted numbers.

Your best bet is to drop the homeowner an email on Facebook. Almost everybody in the world is on there.

Good luck!

Hi Omarwali, I just saw your post form 3 years ago and I thought you may still be interested in this topic. If you're looking for owners phone number, Property Data Book app for iPhone can help. The app provides owner contact info, including owner's name, mailing address and phone number. It also indicates if the owner is Absentee, out of city, out of state, or a corporate owner.

To find the owner contact info, you need to know the property address. You can enter the address manually or choose an address from your phone Contacts. You will need to get the Property Report, which contains the owner contact info. No account is required and no subscriptions.

I heard of www.donotcallus.com.  It's a service that provides home owners phone numbers and also flags numbers on the do not call list. The subscriptions also offers mortgage information on the properties as well.  I haven't tried it but heard it's good. However,  the members who contributed on this post made a good point that homeowners are using their cell phones. That's a good point to consider.

Originally posted by @Shawn Williams:

I heard of www.donotcallus.com.  It's a service that provides home owners phone numbers and also flags numbers on the do not call list. The subscriptions also offers mortgage information on the properties as well.  I haven't tried it but heard it's good. However,  the members who contributed on this post made a good point that homeowners are using their cell phones. That's a good point to consider.

www.donotcallus.net

Your best bet to truly find someone's phone number will be Accurint or TLO. I've found TLO to be the best. Only problem is up to 15 numbers can come up for single person, so that's a bit of a challenge for mass marketing by phone.

If you let the DNC list dictate who you will call to it's gonna be a short list. There's a master cold caller on you tube he's robo dialing multiple sellers at once for listing which is soliciting. I believe his approach is asking for forgiveness is better than permission. Someone says their on the do not call apologize profusely make a note to not call again and move on. It's been said before on this thread. I as a buyer I am a principal in the prospective transaction not selling goods or services. Just cause a seller does not want to sell does not alter my position as a principal. The do not call may not apply to use as buyers
Direct mail works well thought out scripted conversations with sellers work.

FYI: Over the past few months, I've been getting up to several calls per day to my mobile number from people interested in purchasing my rentals. My mobile number has been on the National Do Not Call Registry for 20+ years. This is infuriating. I don't ever plan to sell my houses, they will go to my kids. I'm working with my attorney on how I can sue every last one of these people who call me. I would love to find out how these people are getting my number in the first place. They certainly don't care about obeying the LAW!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you