How do I find property owners telephone numbers online?

How do I find property owners telephone numbers online?

Real Estate Investor · Jamaica Queens, NY · Member since 2011 · 42 posts · 9 votes

Any advice for finding a property owners most current telephone number online? How do you do it? Recommendations?

3Reply
224 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
14y

www.accurint.com

IMHO calling as the buyer or seller of property as the principal is not a violation of the DNC

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Curt DavisBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    15y

    You dont, you might try sending letters to their mailing address as it is much easier. Good luck

    Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
  • Realtor · Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 916 posts · 296 votes
    15y

    It's hard finding numbers online because most are unlisted, on a do not call list, change their number too frequently, or have cell phones. I try yellowpages.com for free. Your best bet is the mail.

  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2009 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    15y

    I've done it with http:www.411.com before. It's definitely hit or miss. Same with switchboard.com. It's hit or miss.

  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    15y

    Well, there is that issue with the Do Not Call law. You better not be cold calling people soliciting them for business or you could have someone file a complaint against you. Send a letter or a post card.

  • Real Estate Investor · Bellingham, WA · Member since 2008 · 407 posts · 90 votes
    15y

    Use a hand written yellow letter and hand address envelope. I find I get a high frequency of opens and calls from these.

  • Real Estate Investor · Jamaica Queens, NY · Member since 2011 · 42 posts · 9 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Curt Davis:
    You dont, you might try sending letters to their mailing address as it is much easier. Good luck

    What if their mailing address is the 'abandoned' house your inquiring about?

  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    15y

    Put "Address Service Requested" on the letter, above the address. The PO will forward it, if there's an address, and send you a card with the new address.

    But the reality is that many owners will be difficult to contact. This is a numbers game. Send out 1000 letters and maybe you'll buy a property or two.

  • Real Estate Investor · Jamaica Queens, NY · Member since 2011 · 42 posts · 9 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Jon Holdman:
    Put "Address Service Requested" on the letter, above the address. The PO will forward it, if there's an address, and send you a card with the new address.

    But the reality is that many owners will be difficult to contact. This is a numbers game. Send out 1000 letters and maybe you'll buy a property or two.

    ^^ Didn't know about the 'ASR' thing....Anyone have any experience with peoplefinders.com?

  • Real Estate Investor · Marrero, LA · Member since 2011 · 43 posts · 6 votes
    14y

    Another way to find numbers is Facebook. Add them and then go to thier info page alot of people have thier numbers on there.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    www.accurint.com

    IMHO calling as the buyer or seller of property as the principal is not a violation of the DNC

  • Real Estate Investor · CA · Member since 2009 · 174 posts · 39 votes
    14y

    Whitepages is free. Spokeo is best but $5 a month.

  • Wholesaler · Amarillo, TX · Member since 2008 · 369 posts · 75 votes
    14y

    AnyWho
    Zabasearch
    white pages

  • Real Estate Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2011 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    14y

    As a former telemarketer, I can tell you that finding a homeowners phone number is very tough these days. The main reason being that most people have completely done away with land lines and switched to cell phones. And as everybody knows, cell phones are unlisted numbers.

    Your best bet is to drop the homeowner an email on Facebook. Almost everybody in the world is on there.

    Good luck!

  • Rancho Santa Margarita, CA · Member since 2013 · 26 posts · 20 votes
    11y

    Hi Omarwali, I just saw your post form 3 years ago and I thought you may still be interested in this topic. If you're looking for owners phone number, Property Data Book app for iPhone can help. The app provides owner contact info, including owner's name, mailing address and phone number. It also indicates if the owner is Absentee, out of city, out of state, or a corporate owner.

    To find the owner contact info, you need to know the property address. You can enter the address manually or choose an address from your phone Contacts. You will need to get the Property Report, which contains the owner contact info. No account is required and no subscriptions.

  • Oyster Bay, NY · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    I heard of www.donotcallus.com.  It's a service that provides home owners phone numbers and also flags numbers on the do not call list. The subscriptions also offers mortgage information on the properties as well.  I haven't tried it but heard it's good. However,  the members who contributed on this post made a good point that homeowners are using their cell phones. That's a good point to consider.

  • Oyster Bay, NY · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Shawn Williams:

    I heard of www.donotcallus.com.  It's a service that provides home owners phone numbers and also flags numbers on the do not call list. The subscriptions also offers mortgage information on the properties as well.  I haven't tried it but heard it's good. However,  the members who contributed on this post made a good point that homeowners are using their cell phones. That's a good point to consider.

     www.donotcallus.net

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    I have had some luck, although very poor search characteristics. But http://www.locatefamily.com/street-lists/index.htm...

  • Real Estate Investor · Nashville TN · Member since 2009 · 287 posts · 171 votes
    9y

    Your best bet to truly find someone's phone number will be Accurint or TLO. I've found TLO to be the best. Only problem is up to 15 numbers can come up for single person, so that's a bit of a challenge for mass marketing by phone.

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 101 posts · 104 votes
    9y
    If you let the DNC list dictate who you will call to it's gonna be a short list. There's a master cold caller on you tube he's robo dialing multiple sellers at once for listing which is soliciting. I believe his approach is asking for forgiveness is better than permission. Someone says their on the do not call apologize profusely make a note to not call again and move on. It's been said before on this thread. I as a buyer I am a principal in the prospective transaction not selling goods or services. Just cause a seller does not want to sell does not alter my position as a principal. The do not call may not apply to use as buyers Direct mail works well thought out scripted conversations with sellers work.
  • Specialist · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    whitepages, got a nice wholesale deal out of it!

  • Hurst, TX · Member since 2018 · 169 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    Which subscription on white pages should i use?

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    thank You

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 3 votes
    6y

    FYI: Over the past few months, I've been getting up to several calls per day to my mobile number from people interested in purchasing my rentals. My mobile number has been on the National Do Not Call Registry for 20+ years. This is infuriating. I don't ever plan to sell my houses, they will go to my kids. I'm working with my attorney on how I can sue every last one of these people who call me. I would love to find out how these people are getting my number in the first place. They certainly don't care about obeying the LAW!

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 2 votes
    5y

    DO NOT DO THIS.  This is an unbelievably annoying practice.  I ask people to stop calling, to put me on a do not call list, but every damn day somebody calls or texts asking to buy my home.  Don't just look for random people.  Find houses that are being listed!!!!! STOP IT! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.