Bank loan on a 75k property or less, is it possible?

Bank loan on a 75k property or less, is it possible?

Property Manager · Hallandale, FL · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 11 votes

I have notice that many (majority) banks don’t like to lend on a property less than 75k. If that’s the case what happens to those that try to purchase properties that are less than 75k? For example in markets like: Detroit, South Carolina or Alabama?

Thanks,

2Reply
376 views

Most Popular Reply

Harjeet BhattiPro Member
Lender · Glenview IL- CDLP NMLS#230554 · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 747 votes
7y

@ Joel Gierbolini  We do not have restrictions on lower loan amount as long as prosperities are in livable condition.  I think its The $30k rental club thread which you can follow for more lenders information.  

See this reply in the discussion

93 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Harjeet BhattiPro Member
    Lender · Glenview IL- CDLP NMLS#230554 · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 747 votes
    7y

    @ Joel Gierbolini There are some banks who don't have lower loan amount restrictions.  You can follow a thread on BP for lower loan amount. 

  • Property Manager · Hallandale, FL · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Harjeet Bhatti so far I have been looking and I can’t find nothing. Just discussions about it and that’s it.

  • Harjeet BhattiPro Member
    Lender · Glenview IL- CDLP NMLS#230554 · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 747 votes
    7y

    @ Joel Gierbolini  We do not have restrictions on lower loan amount as long as prosperities are in livable condition.  I think its The $30k rental club thread which you can follow for more lenders information.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Dayton, OH · Member since 2016 · 210 posts · 160 votes
    7y

    Chemical Bank does loans down to 25,000 in cincinnati ohio.

  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    7y

    @Joel Gierbolini. Yes I’ve gotten loans under 75k 4 times.

    This is from 3 different banks. Some larger and others smaller.

  • Property Manager · Hallandale, FL · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Caleb Heimsoth thanks for the information! What are the names of this banks?

  • Property Manager · Hallandale, FL · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Courtney Jones

    Thank you so much!

  • Property Manager · Hallandale, FL · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Harjeet Bhatti thanks!

  • Joe PrillamanPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Carolina Beach, NC · Member since 2017 · 441 posts · 462 votes
    7y

    @Joel Gierbolini, my mortgage broke lends down to 60k. He can go lower but the interest rates shoot up under 60k.

  • Property Manager · Hallandale, FL · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Joe Prillaman what’s his information?

  • Rental Property Investor · Canton, OH · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Joel Gierbolini

    Talk to the small, local community banks and credit unions.

  • Keyonte SummersPro Member
    Harper Woods, MI · Member since 2017 · 384 posts · 311 votes
    7y

    Very much i have acquired loans under 35k at one point, search a few different local lenders 

  • Property Manager · Hallandale, FL · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Keyonte Summers I have tried and I have not been lucky. Any recommendations?

  • Stephanie P.Pro Member
    Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Joel Gierbolini

    Technically speaking, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have no minimum loan amount restrictions.   Lenders have overlays.  Many have overlays because it's more labor intensive to originate a 30K loan than 300K loan and the lender makes considerably less money.

    Those low loan amounts give lenders problems because they become high cost loans.

  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 893 votes
    7y

    @Joel Gierbolini 

    A lot of banks do not have a lower limit, but at some point the cost of financing actually brings you a lower or similar return on investment than buying cash. My commercial lender will go down to 50k for my clients, but they only do it because I send them volume and I always have to buy them a few bottles of wine for doing so. 

  • Keyonte SummersPro Member
    Harper Woods, MI · Member since 2017 · 384 posts · 311 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Joel Gierbolini:

    @Keyonte Summers I have tried and I have not been lucky. Any recommendations?

     Have you tried like huntington bank not sure if it is one down there but you might have to call a few more financial institutions every place is a it different.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cortland, OH (44410) · Member since 2019 · 54 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Courtney Jones do you bank with chemical? It’s an awful name but someone I know works there and I may put our business banking with them but not sure yet. Thoughts?

  • Rental Property Investor · Dayton, OH · Member since 2016 · 210 posts · 160 votes
    7y

    I have done 3 loans with them .i have had good service with them. No complaints.

  • Property Manager · Hallandale, FL · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Elliott Elkhoury lol well that’s a good exchange

  • Property Manager · Hallandale, FL · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Keyonte Summers I’m going to try to call them

  • Van Nuys, CA · Member since 2018 · 77 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    @Joel Gierbolini

    Lots of credit unions do it. My bank, first bank, does min 50k which was cool because my last one was for 75k.

    You just gotta look around, there are many that do it.

  • Portland, TX · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    There are places that will create loans for less than 75K. I just purchased a rental for 57K. I used Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union (RBFCU) in Texas for the loan. The downside is that they required 25% down, because I purchase my properties through my LLC and the loan is considered a business loan.

  • Rental Property Investor · Ithaca, NY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Joel Gierbolini

    Try your local credit union. They tend to be more flexible with their standards. Which could include loaning on low amounts.

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    @Joel Gierbolini yes Citibank does loans less than 50k. I just closed on last week

  • Rental Property Investor · New Castle, DE · Member since 2016 · 376 posts · 158 votes
    7y

    My 1st (and only for now) investment property had a loan of $46k.  Lending was through Trident Mortgage, but was sold to Wells Fargo a few months ago.  Interest rate isn't the lowest as points were added, but my cash flow is worth it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.