Investing in property near power lines

2 Replies

I was reading a post on another forum somewhere where a new homeowner was freaking out because they didn't notice that there were power lines 100 ft or so from their home. It got me to thinking, and I decided to dig up a site to help them answer their questions.

There is a great FAQ on Power Lines and Cancer from a PHD in the area. The link is: http://www.mcw.edu/gcrc/cop/powerlines-cancer-FAQ/toc.html

It is a good read for anyone nervous about the cancer risks associated with power lines. Personally, I am not convinced either way - I'm just here sharing the love.....

Some people from my state of Ky. purchased a house on 12acres of land and had planned on subdeviding it in to building lots, however they failed to do their homework apparently because there is a main transmission line running across the property which thy later found that prevents them from subdeviding that land due to the easment. Have you heard of this before? :protest:

wayne

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you