Due Diligence Questions

3 Replies

Hello just starting out, been listening to the podcasts and reading books like crazy, but one thing that I keep having questions about is the due diligence. What do most people look for or double check during this period? Like is this the time you would get it inspected, make sure your mortgage is approved, etc. What are some major things you want to be 100 percent on. Just creating a “due diligence checklist” almost! Thanks guys, look forward to your responses!

@Gordie Ballhorn everyone's due diligence is slightly different (since it is mostly a comfort meter) but my due diligence is having a contractor walk the property to follow-up on the initial rehab quote I was expecting and potentially getting it inspected (depending on the situation and closing dynamic). I will also be in contact with my property manager to make sure I'm using the correct rent amount in my calcs and just double check everything in my calcs to ensure I left enough contingency in the deal so it works.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here