• Rental Property Investor
  • Lexington, KY
Votes |
Partnering for "buy and holds"

Zac P.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Lexington, KY
Posted Feb 17 2013, 11:42

I have had numerous people around me interested in investing, but do not want to do it alone (no experience). While I am no guru by any means, I know a lot more than the average person. I am seeing potential opportunities here to partner with people...

Right now I am all buy and hold. No flips or anything. I would love to try to get a silent, cash partner who basically funds the purchase (just a down payment) and pays closings cost, etc. I would manage the property (I am already a property manager). I would like to split ownership 50/50 and have a plan that in 5 years we would have some kind of exit strategy (sell, keep, etc). We would split costs (repairs) 50/50?

My question is, how have you guys partnered on these kind of deals in the past? We would be doing a SFH up to an 8-plex. My goal is to get into a property for 0 down. Being young, I am ok managing it and doing the "dirty" work. I assume a good option would be to open up a new LLC for our venture. Any helpful info would be much appreciated!

Loading replies...