General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Ruff
Votes |
Inventory Is Han...SO LOW

Patrick Ruff
Posted Sep 19 2020, 10:43

Hi I have been a big fan of Bigger Pockets for a long time and after waiting a long time my wife and I (who live in NY) decided to pull the trigger and we started investing in Milwaukee (mostly due to having visited the area a few times since family lives there). The properties cash flow but not very much (maybe 4% cash on cash return if you account for repairs) and so more recently my wife and I bought our first turn key property in Northwestern Indiana (cash on cash return of about 11%). 

We've been searching for a new market similar to the home we bought in Indiana and it just seems like inventory is really tight right now. We have looked at Cleveland Ohio and are on waiting lists for both the Northwestern Indiana market as well as Cleveland. We are looking for good suburban neighborhood turn key properties that cash flow. Is it unrealistic to be able to find a property for ~$100k that meets the 1% rule, is in a decent neighborhood, and has good property management? I will do more research but if anyone has had a good experience I'm just sort of burning out (I have a 5 month old and I work all day only to sleep very little each night so not much time to research markets). Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...