Residential Assisted Living

11 Replies

I'd love to connect! I'm currently in single family homes and apartment buildings in central and west Texas but have been evaluating a few residential assisted living homes + business / license to purchase in Austin and San Antonio. What geographical areas are you two focusing in? I'm new to RAL but very much looking to get into the space.

Hello, I'm in Colorado and run the Denver Association of Assisted Living Residences. We have education and networking in our monthly meetings. I also broker ALR's in Colorado, and create deals in which I connect operators with landlords looking to lease option the properties.

PM me so we can connect!

@Al Boettger

Hi Al and all the RAL investors. I’m from Florida and a RN. My biggest desire is to have RALs. I’m a newbie investor and would like to be the nurse and cook, at least in my first RAL. I found a nice established one for sale. However, I don’t know how to go about possible PML and maybe a partner. Any advice is appreciated and good luck to you all.

@Sue Duvall I suggest you go to a site for the residential assisted living academy in Phoenix. There are several free videos you could watch, and you can get information on the training that they have as well. It is a three day intensive in Phoenix, although they did have a homestudy course, and of course during the Covid had some virtual as well. Perhaps a telephone call to them, you could ask about what’s available. While buying one that’s up and running might seem a good idea - paying for speed - if you’re not quite ready, sometimes the best deal you make is the one you don’t make at all. As far as wanting to be nurse and cook, generally the level of care is five patients per one caregiver, and if you were the caregiver, you might not have a lot of time to be cooking. Suggest you get your game plan in place first then go forward once you have the goal in sight. My telephone number is included below if you have any questions or wish to speak, I have several minutes best wishes to you.

@Al Boettger

Thanks Al. I have run an ALF with about 50 patients and really enjoyed it. I’m wanting about 5 to 10 seniors and would definitely have a CNA or 2 with me. The place I’m looking at has all employees and a wonderful couple who has owned it for about 30 years. I have watched quite a few videos and checked on laws. Just not much out there was far as financing ideas.

@Al Boettger I am in southern NJ near Cherry Hill.  My team rehabs and builds new.  I am very much interested in getting involved in assisted living. I know you said you are focusing in TX, but would you be willing to connect regarding the NJ market?  Thanks

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you