Real Estate Agent Looking for Advice from Investors.

6 Replies

Hello BP! My name is Salomon and I am very excited to be introducing myself to the community. I am currently based in the Greater Sacramento Area. I started my journey as a full-time real estate agent. I have a general question: What characteristics investors look for when connecting with real estate agents? I want to provide as much value as possible and I want the best for my future partners.

Investors want agents who invest themselves and are willing to show dirty properties on little notice. They also want an agent who studies neighborhoods and appreciation and understands repair value and what to look for to find off-market properties. That's a start.

@Salomón Mora

1) Find good deals.

2) Give a critical opinion on every property (even if it means talking an investor out of one). The investor will appreciate that and still go with you on the next deal.

3) Have an honest/dependable team in place for out of state investors who might need more hand holding than in-state investors.

@Sumit Sehgal , Thanks for the advice! I am not so sure if out-of-state investors would look to come to CA, but who knows. It's better to have a team prepared. Maybe foreign investors. I will add your advice to my notes. Thanks!

@Salomón Mora great question. You have some good advice on this thread already. As @Jonathan Greene and @Sumit Sehgal have mentioned, finding deals and knowing the market / numbers will be at the top of the list. 

I would also add to be responsive, be good at negotiating, and to have a good team around you. Having connections that the investor can leverage is very valuable.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you