Mortgage Under $50,000

8 Replies

Hello Fellow Investors,

I'm new to real estate investing, and I was wondering if it is possible to get a conventional loan under $50,000 these days.  Any light that can be shed on this matter would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Crystal

I purchased an out of town/state property in Toledo Ohio. The purchase price was 55k. Since I didn't want to lock my money there, I put 16k down and financed 44k. I felt that having a mortgage is some sort of insurance: no one sues properties that are partially owned by a bank :)

I used AmeriFirst Home Mortgage (see contact info below). They are a national company and if the prices in your area are low, they will probably finance you.

Liz Terwilliger
Loan Officer

NMLS#137587
LO# 002904.001

(O) (419) 931-9011
(F ) (419) 931-9012

AmeriFirst Home Mortgage
NMLS #110139
1070 Commerce Dr.

Bldg. 4, Suite B
Perrysburg, OH 43551

Yes, my office can do a $50k conventional. You'd need a 680 FICO and 3% down if owner occupied, 15% if investment property or second home to consider the process. If you are interested, I would be glad to assist you. 

Many chain banks (chase, BOA, etc) do not allow loans under a certain amount. Check out small local banks and credit unions that keep their loans in house. I just obtained a loan for a 43k purchase (36k loan 15% down) from a local credit union. These would be your best bet if looking at properties under 50k.

Originally posted by @Jerry Padilla :

@Crystal Chang

You absolutely can...... Up to ten! 

then what.

i already have 10 financed properties but want to buy more

@Tim B. he knows of someone who does business lines of credits....... And maybe a route that you can go. Hopefully he is ok with me tagging him. He is a great go to guy...... When I am unable to do financing for my clients. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.