NJ Mortgage Lender Recommendations?

10 Replies

I am in contract to purchase a multi-family home in Hudson County, New Jersey. Can anyone recommend a reliable mortgage lender? 

I am seeking a conventional mortgage but I need a reliable lender that can close quickly (within 30-45 days) - Timing is particularly essential for this deal to work. 

Direct lender is preferred. (I am assuming that going through a broker will complicate and prolong the process.) Credit score and downpayment is strong. 

I also need someone who is highly responsive to text messages and emails. 

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance! 

Mala

Hi Mala: I work with Affinity FCU all the time and they are amazing. They do require membership, however, so not sure you want to do that, though it really has so many perks, especially for an investor. I also like TD Bank. They're one of the big ones, but you get more personal hands on feel than the Wells and BOA. Huge point is that a lawyer will be the real determining factor in speed of closing. Of course the bank also has a hand in it, but the attorney will be the one to push things through or delay majorly. 

Check out Quickenloans. 

They area a direct lender with good rates but they only do residential Mortgages.

They are very good and very fast. 

Two adjectives I’ve never heard in the same sentence as QuickenLoans. 😀

@Michael Cohen I have to agree. I have had so many clients come to me after not closing for months with them. 

This post has been removed.

Reach out to christian pepe at prmg

They’re direct lenders

You can hit me up directly for contact info

Thanks everyone for the responses! I was able to quickly connect with a lender thanks to some great recommendations from BP. (hint: not Quickenloans )

@Jessica Zolotorofe I am so curious about the "membership required" lender. I've never heard of this before! Why do they require a membership and why do people think it's worth paying one?

Hi @Mala S. reach out to Drew Wells at Millennium Home Mortgage  He might be able to work with you and help get you the financing you need. 

You can PM me for the contact information. 

Good Luck

Originally posted by @Mala S. :

Jessica Zolotorofe I am so curious about the "membership required" lender. I've never heard of this before! Why do they require a membership and why do people think it's worth paying one?

It sounds like she was referring to a credit union.  (FCU = federal credit union)  They usually don't charge you to be a member, you just need to open an account with them.  

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here