• Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
Broker Needed for Hard Money Loan

Reese Newell
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted Apr 27 2019, 15:04

First off, I am a long time lurker of the forums and have finally began to segue over in to real estate investing in the last year.  I have so much respect for those on this forum that help out and am so thankful from the knowledge I've gained from browsing over the years.

As to my question, I am looking to secure a second lien position with a personal guarantee on a hard money loan in Pasadena, CA.  The usury laws from what I have been able to learn about in California are very ambiguous as to what is legal and what is not.  The 10%+ loans appear to need either a qualifying CFL or a Broker to write the note.  The other work around seems to be if they are a seasoned investor with over a certain amount in loans.  While they fit the latter part, I am nervous to violate any laws.  While searching the internet for weeks and contacting a lot of brokers, I have had a very hard time finding any broker versed on this niche and able to help.  Would anyone be able to help with this by pointing me in the right direction, or a broker themself willing to provide assistance.

Thanks so much!!

Reese

Loading replies...