Votes
Joseph A.
  • New Rochelle, NY
Votes |
Having trouble accessing equity in a property

Joseph A.
  • New Rochelle, NY
Posted Sep 22 2019, 12:00

I have a property that I own free and clear and would like to do a cash out refinance. I have a unique situation that I'm having issues with. I have lenders willing to do a cash out refinance but I don't have W2 income anymore or enough self employment history. On the other hand I have lenders that don't care about me not having W2 income or limited self employment history but the value of the property doesn't meet their minimum threshold. When I purchased the property and got a appraisal for the after rehab value it came back at 55k instead of the 75k I was expecting. Has anyone else been in this situation, what are some things you guys have done to tap this equity. I've called over 20 local banks and credit unions and maybe I'm asking the wrong question, but I usually ask them something along the lines of do they have a mortgage product that will qualify based on the income generated from the rent being able to service the debt. A response I typically get is I have to have 2 years of self employment history or W2 income.

Loading replies...