Recent Experience with Lima One Capital

6 Replies

Hello all,

I'm curious if anyone has or is currently working with Lima One Capital? In perusing some other forum posts, experiences seem to be mixed. Though the negatives seem to be centered on spotty communication from them, not necessarily shady business practices with any of their products.

What have your experiences been? Good/bad? If bad, why? If good, what have you enjoyed, and is there still room for them to improve? 

For what it's worth, the rep I've been emailing with in my initial inquiry phase with them has been great. He's answered all my questions and been proactive in providing additional info to me. 

Any information is much appreciated. Thank you all!

I just closed on a loan with them for a rehab/flip. They are legit. Communication with my rep has been great. Had another loan fall out with them as actual value too low for them. I ended up paying for that project myself. They can be slow sometimes. Rates are pretty competitive. They have their limitations. I'd like to give them more business now that I'm more familiar with working with them, but I had to take a few other deals elsewhere for a higher refi LTV. Overall they're fine and they do try to find a way to make a deal work. I'll use them again.

They are not to bad Communication was never a problem for me.  I have done three deals with them and everything has gone as planned. only problem is that in my market (Chicago) they have raise the min purchase price up and that eliminated a lot of properties that in am interested in flipping.   

Originally posted by @Mikael Winkler :

Hello all,

I'm curious if anyone has or is currently working with Lima One Capital? In perusing some other forum posts, experiences seem to be mixed. Though the negatives seem to be centered on spotty communication from them, not necessarily shady business practices with any of their products.

What have your experiences been? Good/bad? If bad, why? If good, what have you enjoyed, and is there still room for them to improve? 

For what it's worth, the rep I've been emailing with in my initial inquiry phase with them has been great. He's answered all my questions and been proactive in providing additional info to me. 

Any information is much appreciated. Thank you all!

I've had several past clients "graduate" from residential/Fannie 1-4 unit stuff with me, to a grab bag of commercial, portfolio, fix-n-flip type stuff with them.

They are all about how good of a deal you are getting on the purchase. If you're an average noob getting a "meh" deal, your experience will be bad and your loan will be denied. If you're getting a good-to-great deal, you will have a great experience, close, close fast, and with killer rate/terms (still not as good as Fannie, but great compared to other stuff in this bucket of loans).

@Chris Mason thanks! That makes total sense. Yeah, I'm really viewing working with Lima One, or any HML for that matter, as a tool to eventually be in a position to fund in multiple ways, ideally cash.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here