Skip to content
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Katharine Chartrand
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Los Alamos, NM
Votes |
What kind of returns do people get from subject to strategies?

Katharine Chartrand
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Los Alamos, NM
Posted Jun 27 2014, 19:00

@Jerry Puckett 

I am considering working with a marketer who knows subject to deals.  I am considering getting started prospecting for subject to deals. 

It sounds like with the marketing, if you want to do it, you've got to really do it.  That means sending out 1000 letters a month for six months.  The postage alone is $3000, a good mailing list costs money, 6000 stuffed stamped envelopes costs something, and maybe you get some help from someone who does this kind of marketing. Maybe you are at $6000+.

You get X leads from that campaign.  And you close X/10 leads.  How many leads do you need to pay off just the marketing costs?  From some of the reading I've done, people seem to be making just a few hundred dollars per month on a single subject to deal.  To pay off a marketing investment like that, you'd have to close several deals to get a reasonable return. And if you are doing lease options, you end up being a landlord, at least for a while, which is more work and cost.

What does a successful return on investment look like from a $5k investment in a subject to marketing campaign?

>KNC<

Loading replies...