Creative financing books

7 Replies

I’m looking for good books on creative financing. I’ve already read the book on no or low money down, but am looking to find a list of books to read on the subject. Everything from wrap around mortgages, balloon mortgages, USDA loans, 203k loans, or anything that is seller financing, and or low down solutions. Steps involved in doing your first seller financing deal, like what to to expect when going over it with a CPA (or if you even would) would be awesome too!

Any book recommendations would be awesome or advice if you have any experience with this, thanks!

You could look at each creative financing method in Brandon Turner's book on no or low money down and read books on those financing methods, it'd be a good start! Good luck!

@Jaden Harper I would also love to know if there were other books available other than Brandon Turner’s which was very good. I’m very interested in seller financing and would love a goto book with a prevalence of examples more than anything. I’m following this discussion and if I cone across anything I’ll pass it in. Good Luck!

Thanks guys! I’ll definitely look up more specific types of financing books and see what I can find. If I run across any myself that I think are good I’ll pass them along as well!

I think what you need to do i find a mentor to help you through.  You can read 50 books on driving a car and until you get behind a wheel......You can understand right? Go to a meet and greet and listen to others talk about and do deals.  Best way to get involved from my standpoint.

Cheers!!!

@Jaden Harper Nothing Down by Robert Allen. 

I’d agree with advice already posted too. Find somebody in your market that is already doing creative financing. Specific and real examples will surely teach you more than any book.

@Will Gaston Do you think that book is still relevant considering it was last updated in 2010? If you say it still is I will certainly consider downloading it to my kindle.

Thanks!
Jeff

Originally posted by @Jeff Piscioniere :

Will Gaston Do you think that book is still relevant considering it was last updated in 2010? If you say it still is I will certainly consider downloading it to my kindle.

Thanks!
Jeff

That's probably the last time I read it, but yes. I think a lot of the RE principles are timeless.