• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
Appraisal for cash out refi

Robyn Gersh
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Boston, MA
Posted Jun 17 2019, 17:00
Hi, I need some advice. I recently bought a home and I am trying to do a cash-out refinance. When the appraiser first came to my property they stated It had been vacant since I hadn’t moved in yet. I bougnt 3/1. The bank is giving me a hard time getting the loan because of that. I recently moved furniture in the house. Beds/kitchen table/chairs etc. I didn’t move a lot of stuff in Bc I still want to do renovations. The appraiser came back out to my home today to make sure it wasn’t vacant any longer. His comments stated: “There appears to be furniture within the home. The kitchen is not functional as all appliances are not installed but are onsite in be basement. I asked the owner if she is living at the premise and she replied yes. This appraiser assumes no responsibility if she is not currently residing in the home.” The kitchen has a refrigerator and everything works fine. I haven’t been able to get someone to come out and install the stove yet so it is still in the basement. I don’t feel this appraisal is fair and it’s putting my loan at risk. I was going to write a letter tonight stating that. What are your thoughts. TIA

Loading replies...