Votes
Jonathan Escobar
  • Provo, UT
Votes |
How to BRRRRouse Hack!?

Jonathan Escobar
  • Provo, UT
Posted Oct 11 2019, 18:02

I'm almost done with the BRRRR book, and I have heard @Brandon Turner and @David Greene talk about BRRRRouse hacking before to maximize your real estate investing to the max! How would be the best way to accomplish this? Still buy with CASH? then, rehab, rent the remaining units/rooms, refinance into FHA or low down payment conventional loans, and then repeat a year later?

OR

Buy with FHA or low down conventional and THEN go through the BRRRR steps? I know I should just ask different lenders, but can you cash out refinance into FHA or low down conventional? I feel like it would be best to buy with cash just so that you don't have super high holding costs during the rehab process, but for example, if you're doing a BRRRRouse hack with a multifamily unit, then what would be the most convenient if there are already tenants in the units? Just vacate everyone and fix all the units at once and then rent out with paid off house, until the refinance into FHA or low down conventional?

This is not talked about or done enough! There should be more information on this topic! I feel like someone should add onto their book about this and how to merge the two concepts together unless @Craig Curelop talks about that in his new House hacking method book that is coming out! By the way, I'm super stoked to read that book!