CPA Recommendation - Atlanta

7 Replies

Can anyone recommend a good CPA in Atlanta that is familiar with real estate investments, LLC structures, SDIRA investing and can provide tax advice and handle the quarterly/yearly tax filing?

Thanks!

David Begley, Real Estate Agent in GA (#357208)

Mark Rosenberg is top knotch. Look up Rosenberg CPA Atlanta on Google.

Originally posted by @David Begley :

Can anyone recommend a good CPA in Atlanta that is familiar with real estate investments, LLC structures, SDIRA investing and can provide tax advice and handle the quarterly/yearly tax filing?

Thanks!

Keep in mind to focus on finding someone who knows their information over being local.
You definitely need someone qualified, does not have to be a CPA, could be an Enrolled Agent or an attorney. Just make sue the specialize in tax and have significant experience dealing with real estate investors.

Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant:http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/70447-questions-to-ask-a-cpa

Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

Feel free to ask here if you have questions

Hi Steven, I'm in the same boat as David Begley was when he started this thread.  I appreciate the advice you gave, thanks.  Quick question, you said focus on someone who knows their stuff over being local.  Are you saying out-of-state is OK?  The reason I ask is that I'm wondering if there are any state or local laws or issues that might trip someone up if they're not at least in-state.  Your thoughts?  Thanks again.

@Jim Young @David Begley just stumbling over this thread now, but I can recommend a very good CPA in the Atlanta area that has specific expertise in working with real estate investors. Feel free to send me a message if you would like me to connect you.

@Andrew Bauer, why not post here if you have good recommendation?

Originally posted by @Jim Young :

Hi Steven, I'm in the same boat as David Begley was when he started this thread.  I appreciate the advice you gave, thanks.  Quick question, you said focus on someone who knows their stuff over being local.  Are you saying out-of-state is OK?  The reason I ask is that I'm wondering if there are any state or local laws or issues that might trip someone up if they're not at least in-state.  Your thoughts?  Thanks again.

More than 50% of my clients are outside of the state of IL. I am able to connect with them very easily through digital means. Skype, teamviewer, phone calls.  There is no need to always have face to face meetings. Some of the clients I would consider that I "know" better I've never met in person. 

Most states are fairly straight forward. There are some caveats; however, that is why someone like myself networks with colleagues worldwide in an effort to to be able to research and get things done. I had a client dealing with a state issue for instance that I had never come across. I made a phone call and they gave me great verifiable information.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.