Votes
Justin Wren
  • Savannah, GA
Votes |
In search of "my CPA"

Justin Wren
  • Savannah, GA
Posted Apr 19 2017, 07:50
Hi guys, I'm looking for a CPA in my area. Savannah Ga. I plan to buy my first property later this. But mostly our household income has nearly doubled this year over last. So I'm looking to speak with a CPA to look over our (me and my wife) income and tax situation and help point us in the right direction. The problem is I'm looking for someone that has an investors mindset as opposed to a get out of debt mindset. I can't seem to find a CPA that is on the same mindset that I am. I paid a couple of different CPAs over a few years but couldn't find one I wanted to be "my CPA". This year I just did my taxes on turbo tax because I feel like I could do better myself instead of wasting money to have my taxes done. Just looking for that right CPA. No luck so far. I'm not looking for someone that will break the law by any means, but I am looking for somewhere that will help me take advantage of the tax laws. I've asked "CPAs" in the past that did my taxes for suggestions on how to lower my tax bill, and each time I just got the response, "there's really no way, this is what you own based on your income". Even though I already knew real estate investing has many tax benefits, I wanted to hear them say it. Sadly it never happened.

Loading replies...