Tax Strategist Needed

8 Replies

Hello - I'm looking for a tax strategist as I have rental properties and I end up paying lots of taxes when I have write offs and capital improvements.  Any suggestions.  I have properties in AZ and live in CA. 

Hey Dee,

I live in CA as well but don't have any local CPA's or strategist to recommend. If you dig in the forums for a few minutes I'm sure there is a post there that speaks on finding a good CPA/Tax Strategist. I know one of the big recommendations I hear is find a CPA that also invest in real estate. Good Luck!

As mentioned there's a good chance you'll fair better with someone specialized in REI rather than local who does all areas of taxation.

Several great options here on BP, read through some posts and see who you connect with and who fits your model. 

I work with a lot of new investors- and planning out a strategy to get them to early retirement through real estate. We each have our own approach.

Find someone you click with.

@Dee Kats I have multiple Arizona clients with real estate investments we provide Property Management for very happy with: 

Doug Stutzman

Certified Public Accountant

Chartered Global Management Accountant

Mauldin CPA's, PLLC2321 E University Dr., Suite 101
Mesa, Arizona 85213

Originally posted by @Dee Kats :

Hello - I'm looking for a tax strategist as I have rental properties and I end up paying lots of taxes when I have write offs and capital improvements.  Any suggestions.  I have properties in AZ and live in CA. 

Hi Dee,

I can recommend a great out of state CPA who deals with a national client base. Shoot me a PM if interested and I can do an introduction.