Votes |
Options for Partnering with a SDIRA?

Daniel Dietz
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Reedsburg, WI
Posted Aug 15 2013, 10:02

Hello,

This is kind of an 'expansion' of another question I posted earlier here.

I was hoping to use Non-Recourse loans to use within my ROTH to achieve 50% leverage. I am finding that the lenders I have contacted are not interested in lending on things that are pre-1940, over/under duplexes (2 story house converted) or under 100K sale price..... which are what I am seeing as the best deals here where I live.

I think I understand the rules where *I* can not (nor any other disqualified person) do any kind of personal guarantee on the 'non IRA' 50% share.

So my question is, what are the other options for that share that is not the IRA share? Some thoughts would be;

1) Me getting a Non-Recourse Loan from a private individual who is NOT a disqualified person. This could be either cash from their SDIRA or their cash on hand.

2) Having a non disqualified person join as a partner who would use a loan of their choosing outside of an IRA to be a 50% stake holder.

3) IF I could find someone that would sell on a Land Contract that would not require a 'personal guarantee', could my SDIRA do say a 50% (or less if possible) down payment and have them carry the remainder on the LC?

Other thoughts?

Thanks, Dan Dietz

Loading replies...