• Rental Property Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Seeking Business Partner

Jason Pinkerton
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Nov 4 2018, 15:50

I'm seeking a business partner to help me manage my business. Before describing precisely what I'm looking for, here's a quick description of me to save us some time on the phone or e-mail and so you know if you even want to work with me. I'm very entrepreneurial minded, always trying to solve problems. I'm a visionary, extremely creative, outside-the-box thinker and can always come up with a solution to a problem (not always the best solution, but always have one). I'm energetic and highly motivated and very driven. I take action almost immediately, which is a blessing and a curse as I don't always plan things out (working on that, getting much better). I have a hard time staying focused on one task for a long time and prefer short projects that I can fully dive into, but do not require consistent maintenance. I'm a creator and love building systems and processes, but do not enjoy managing them. I like motivating and inspiring people, but do not enjoy managing them (I can, from my military career, but don't enjoy it). I'm looking for someone who's mostly opposite of me. The few things we would share are desiring/demanding excellence and caring for people. We would both do certain things excellently, but they would be different things, but we still demand excellence of ourselves and others. 

My Perfect Business Partner

• Words others use to describe them are: organized, punctual, structured, responsible, clean & neat, detailed, independent, well-prepared, knowledgeable.
  • What sets them apart from other managers: Unlike cliche managers who may be called controlling and micro-managers (behind their back), this person is flexible, caring, empathetic, and leads by example. They take pride in developing their subordinates and do not try to “protect their job” by the one with all the answers and micromanaging. They are both a great manager and a great leader. They have very high standards, but they make sure their team has what they need to perform to those high standards.

Some of their attributes are:

• Organized: naturally organized; can think of how things fit into place.
  • Structured: enjoys structure, but not overly rigid. Likes to see the process flow and tasks getting completed in an organized fashion.
  • Detail-oriented: needs detail; ensures documents are accurate & error-free; feels processes should be designed to prevent mistakes.
  • Scheduled: have a set schedule with regularity; plans ahead.
  • Focused: sticks to one task until completion; not easily distracted.
  • Committed to excellence: high work ethic, which is a reflection of their character.
  • Flexible: flexible with change when it is thoughtfully planned & implemented.
  • Leads by example: shows people how to perform tasks and ensures understanding; does not micromanage; corrects problems, but does not harp on them.
  • Character: character is important to them; has unwavering high integrity; when needed, is more willing to do “the right thing” over “doing things right.”
  • Accountable: 100% accountable for their actions; expects the same of others; counsels and corrects mistakes; will fire subordinates if necessary.
  • Caring: believes in tough love when needed; puts the interest of the whole over the the individual, but still cares deeply for the people they lead.
  • Passion: has passion for what they do; enjoys their work and leading/managing others.
  • Empathy: seeks to understand others before making judgement.
  • Process-oriented: enjoys refining processes, making them more efficient.
  • Growth-minded: They seek to constantly grow themselves and others. 

The full details of my business were intentionally left out, because first I want to make sure you are the right person to work with. However, the summary is that I focus almost exclusively on lease options, finding wanting buyers with bad credit and distressed sellers of good homes (non-disrepair) and use lease options to help them both out. I've built the system to perform all of this, but need help managing it (my weakness). If you are interested in more information, please e-mail me at [email protected]

Offering