Cash In Refinance
I have two recently acquired single family units. House #1 was purchased for 315k in October 2024 (appraised for 325k), currently at a 7.5% 30 year fixed interest rate. House #2 acquired for 325k in April 2025 (appraised for 335k), currently 7.375% 30 year fixed rate.
My question is this: should I refinance? Being offered a 5/5 ARM with starting rate of 5.875%. I would need to pay down equity of both houses to 75% LTV (15k costs), 6,000 for escrow accounts and 6100 for closing costs. Would get $4400 of skipped mortgage payments and $3000 from old escrow accounts. All this to free up $300 of monthly cash flow for each property ($600 total monthly).
So my calculations it would cost me truly 6k of refinance fees but I'm gonna include the fronted escrow and principal paydown. My calculator says it's a good ROI for the fronted money. I'm 33 and plan to keep properties for foreseeable future…other two rentals cash flow combined $1750 a month and large amount of equity. Thoughts and opinions are much appreciated!