• Real Estate Agent
  • Florence, KY
Votes |
Possible Needy Tenant

Cameron Berens
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florence, KY
Posted May 6 2015, 10:56

We just signed a lease on Monday with a seemingly good tenant. She passed our application process and had all the money due for lease signing. Within hours I received a text of things she would like us to change or her be allowed to change. I’ve not really had tenants ask for much of any changes in the past so this is becoming a little worrisome to have all these requests right off the bat. Am I just being a strict landlord by wanting to deny most of these requests or is this a potential needy tenant? Please keep in mind this property has just gone through a pretty nice $5,000 fix up (new carpet, paint, faucets, light fixtures, etc..) and is only at $800/month rent.

-Remove the current fridge so she could bring hers (allowed this one because I needed a fridge in my basement anyways but kind of wishing I wouldn’t have because I think it made us look too lenient)

-Paint an accent wall in EVERY room including bathrooms (told her the color has to be approved by us and she must use a professional of our choice)

-Install a third lock for the front door (haven’t said yes or no)

-New kitchen faucet (current one is brand new but she wants one that has a hose on the end. She said she’d buy it but wants us to install it. I don’t want to allow this because it seems unnecessary)

-Mount her t.v. to the wall (not happening)

-New shower head (current one is brand new she just wants a “better” one)

Loading replies...