• Homeowner
  • Radford, VA
Votes |
Potential Tenant Refusing Application Process

Mark Werner
  • Homeowner
  • Radford, VA
Posted May 17 2015, 16:58

I have a potential renter who is refusing to go through the application process. Meaning, not providing his social security number to use a service for credit check and background check. He intendeds to rent through the company he owns (Allstate). He provided me a FINRA report, last 4 months of his company's revenue's, a criminal check report from 2012, and a copy of his 1099 form. He also offered copies of tax time settlement offers from two credit cards that he paid off with that offer. But apparently that is considered a compromise and ends up showing up on credit, and he showed me that in the FINRA report. He indicated that it is not a bad debit paid off but rather a good debit simply paid off with the tax time settlement offer. It all sounds legitimate to me but I am still nervous. He had concerns with someone getting hi SSN via hacking my WIFI, etc. I explained that any service I use would be through an SSL web site and it is highly unlikely. I also indicated that one service I can send him a link to the service and he can enter the information himself and I never have to see it. Still was reluctant to do it. I am curious how anyone else would feel about this? Would you go forward based on the above information? The person seemed like I was being a jerk about. Thanks.

Loading replies...