Need Referral -- San Antonio Property Management

19 Replies

Hey Guys! I need a great referral for a San Antonio property manager! Someone who you could trust your life with! (Do they exist?! lol)

I have 5 rental properties and my property manager is not cutting it. Their fees are great ($100 a month flat) and since my properties are all renting for 1400-1700 a month it comes out way lower than 10%. However I have to literally remind them every month to not forget to deposit the money in my account, their spreadsheets make no sense, and during tenant turnover they take way longer than needed to fill the house out with a new tenant. Long story short, they are not terrible but they are not good enough either. I can't have "not terrible" managing my investments. I need amazing!

So... TLDR = Please refer me to a San Antonio property manager you can trust with your life! Let me know why they're great! Thank you. :)

Hard to say!!! I wouldn't ever trust a property manager with my life, but I use liberty management. They have management that actually invest in real estate. 

Hey Gonz,

We do property management but we are divesting our portfolio of properties. We still have some higher end properties (similar in price range to yours) that we manage but we did transfer some properties to Boardwalk Property Mgmt. I was very impressed as was our owner who selected Boardwalk as their new PM. We've been in PM for over 25 yrs but we are very small and transitioning out of it and into other venues. 

Paul LaValley

There's a great broker/property manager I've used for a year and a half down there. he helped me acquire then managed the 4-plex I bought. They have a lot of SFR's under management and a number of small to medium sized multi-family properties as well. They are ultra efficient and ultra organized. They do charge 10% - but i had that factored into the equation when I underwrote the property originally...so it works out. here's his info:

Jon Burroughs

Broker/Property Manager

CENTURY 21 Burroughs

10900 Perrin Beitel

San Antonio, TX 78217

His Email is c21burroughs @ gmail.com 

@Gonz Trevino thanks for asking this question. We have a couple SFRs on the NW side. I've been managing them myself for a little while but may want to transition to having a manager. If you (or other BP members with property in SAT) would like to compare notes on PMs some time over coffee that would be great. I come down from Austin a couple times a month.

Robb

@Gonz Trevino Yes, thank you for asking.  I have an outstanding property manager in Austin but wouldn't know who to trust in SA. It would be neat if the BP community found a trusted PM team and then pooled our properties...  Even better if that PM would offer us 8%, a special BP rate if you will.  :)  Let me know if Boardwalk or Liberty are interested.

If it helps, here is a list of SAT PM companies for which I received only positive recommendations in the past. I have not vetted any of these companies and am not making a specific recommendation.

• Hendricks PM LLC
  • Larsen Properties
  • Liberty Management
  • Pyramis Company
Originally posted by @Rachel Trimble :

@Gonz Trevino Yes, thank you for asking.  I have an outstanding property manager in Austin but wouldn't know who to trust in SA. It would be neat if the BP community found a trusted PM team and then pooled our properties...  Even better if that PM would offer us 8%, a special BP rate if you will.  :)  Let me know if Boardwalk or Liberty are interested.

Who do you use in Austin? I do have one rental there as well. Would love to know. :)

@Gonz Trevino I use Hendricks Real Estate.  Tim Hendricks is an investor and manages about 90-100 properties. The guy is sharp and on top of things. I highly recommend him, and that says a lot coming from a very picky and critical person.  :)

Originally posted by @Rachel Trimble :

Hi @Rachel Trimble ,

Did you ever hear back about a PM that would offer a BP rate?

Originally posted by @Valentine Serna :

Hi @Rachel Trimble ,

Did you ever hear back about a PM that would offer a BP rate?

Do you know someone? Would not mind networking and meeting more. It may come in handy to know quality property managers. Who do you know that is grade A and amazing at management? :)

I'm with the Pyramis Company in San Antonio and I'd be more than happy to discuss a BP rate with those interested. We've been around since 1985 and love working with investors. We only manage a few hundred properties, not the 800+ many others do. Look us up and give me a call sometime.

My name is Brad Larsen.  I'm the Owner and Broker for Larsen Properties here in San Antonio, TX.  We are a full service property management company.....and a full disclosure company on our website.  You can see everything we do and charge on our website so when you are ready to begin, all your questions have already been answered on our site.  You may also sign up for our Free Market Estimate and we will get you an rental analysis of the home you have in mind, or already own.  We rent homes faster than anyone else in San Antonio and our services are perfect for investors as our interests are aligned with yours. Find us online and get in touch with us.  We will offer anyone a BP Discount for mentioning you found us here!  Take Care!

@Gonz Trevino @Mark Mosch @Robb R. @Rachel Trimble

Hello All!  We have developed the "BP Rate" with our Multiple Property Owner program.  Essentially, we offer advertised and bottom line pricing for anyone that works with us having 4 or more units.  

When I say advertised - it fits into our full disclosure concept.  The companies that will offer you the "It Depends" answer on what they charge for management are trying to sneak whatever they can in front of you to get you to agree.  

We feel our Multiple Property Owner Program is a better way to offer investor's a bottom line pricing model that makes our relationship a win/won.  

This reply was not meant to be an ad - but more along the lines of a warning for the investor looking at a management company with several units and getting the "custom" proposal.  Today's investor wants to know all the information up front - so we provide it.

It makes you wonder about all the investors who have managers charging them the same for their 5 or 6 homes as they would the one reluctant landlord with 1 home!?!?! 

Take care out there!