Snow Removal, Costs & Contracts, what do you pay, what is best

5 Replies

So with winter almost here I'm interested in hearing what's best for snow removal.

Do you  contract for the season?

Do pay entire season up front or monthly with contract rate?  by snow fall amount?  or by trip?

What's your average cost per snow removal plowing. 

I know some have HUGE complexes but just wanting a idea of maybe like a lot size equivalent to service like area of 3 homes next to each other.. 

Thanks, but I don't want or intend to buy a plow. 

@Deanna McCormick I know a guy that charges $25 per plow for one residence.  I would also like to see what others see being charged.

I paid 1675.00 for seasonal contract 11/1 to 4/1 for my lot last year, It's basically about same sq footage of 4 residential driveways.  The company was to come if we had 2" of snow or more, He was not dependable and I had to call him each time it snowed to figure out when he'd be there and was rarely within 24 hours of snow fall.  The year before I also had contract guy seasonal service and he was a jerk also never showed and wouldn't answer his phone.

I'm leaning toward just sitting at end of driveway with Cash in hand waving at plow trucks that drive this season.

Ron thanks for your info. I guess I'm going to check out some more plowing companies soon.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.