Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Scott F.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
Eviction - What did I do wrong to have this happen?

Scott F.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Posted Feb 23 2017, 19:18

I always thought I did a good job of screening, gut checking, red flag observing – the usual seasoned Landlord stuff.

My process:

Credit check, criminal check, social security verification, former Landlord verification, employment verification, look in prospect’s car, I make the calls and fax the necessary verification paperwork, spend lots of time talking to the new prospect.

But apparently my process didn’t work on this tenant. This person was the Medical Manager at a large Hospital in my city, made great money, had a MBA degree, what did I miss??

The only thing I didn’t do was a bi-annual walk through. Whenever we spoke I was always told that nothing was wrong, they didn’t need anything, the rent was paid, what else could you want? The one thing that stands out now is their shades were ALWAYS closed, maybe they were afraid of the sun????

So post your eviction and final rehab pictures and a little description of the scenario NO NAMES PLEASE, let’s not open ourselves up to any more problems; just what you think you forgot or should have done differently.

What do you think you missed in the process that caused this failure?

Loading replies...