Votes
Megan A.
  • Mound, MN
Votes |
Help! Need advice on duplex moving situation

Megan A.
  • Mound, MN
Posted Mar 1 2017, 13:35

My husband and I own a duplex in the Mound area in Minnesota and our renter's lease is expiring in the end of April.  We have updated the side of the duplex we live in (added a a bedroom in the basement as well as finished off part of the basement for a family room.)  Our plan was to move into our renters side on May 1 to do the same renovations but she really wants to stay and said she would pay $300.00 more in rent to do so.  After thinking about it longer she thought it may be better to move into our unit so she has the extra square footage for the extra money she is paying (I understand why she would want to!) however, I am wondering how we would coordinate moving.  Has anybody dealt with this situation before?  We can't move our belongings into her unit until hers are out and vice versa.  We also can't prep our side for her properly until our stuff is out (cleaning, paint touch ups etc.)  Any suggestions?  Thought about renting a storage pod possibly but I was wondering if anybody else could offer their advice if the've gone through similar moving situations!  We love our renter, she pays her rent on time and is so easy to live next to so we feel it is worth it to us to keep her around if she would like to stay rather than find a new renter and risk getting somebody that isn't as responsible.           

Loading replies...