Votes |
Stop Coming by My House!!

Lamont A.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Summerville, SC
Posted Mar 6 2018, 07:17

Hello BP,

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue before and how did you solve it. I have a tenant that has been coming by my personal residents and putting the rent in my mailbox without my knowledge.

(back Story) 

Like some of you my lease states that rent is due on the 1st and late after the 5th. For the past few months i have a tenant that have been paying the rent exactly on the 5th. The past 3 months tenant has come to my personal residents and put it in my mailbox. The 1st time this happened, i sent a notice and message letting her know late fees apply ect.  when tenant responded i was then informed that the rent was in my box. Apparently they came by sometime that night. I didn't like the idea of that but didn't really make a stank about it. (obviously my mistake) 

So 2nd time almost identical issue, on the 5th tenant came by after hrs with no phone call or acknowledgement that they had left payment except this time we saw the car leaving so i called (of course no answer) but left a very stern and detailed message about how this was not acceptable and no longer will be tolerated. 

Well, 3rd time was just yesterday. I want to go ballistic on tenant, but  would like a few suggestions before i do the wrong thing.

Yes I know messing w/ anyone's mail box is illegal and have mention this to tenant as well. We have even left self addressed stamped envelopes for them to just mail in the payment.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Loading replies...