Tenants not paying gas bill.

6 Replies

I am participating in Landlord Cooperations Program in Philadelphia provided by PGW- gas company. Just received an email from them notifying me that they are going to shut of the service in 10 days and they might need me to "provide the access to the property, if my tenants wouldn't cooperate." How do I go about it ?

Do I write to tenants and demand that they pay their bill? Do I wait and see what happens? If the tenants refuse to open the door for PGW workers on the day of scheduled shut of, do I have the right to open the door for them and let them in? The rent is paid always. 

Thank you for your suggestions.

Yes you can enter the property and provide access to PGW if you give the tenants proper notice according to your lease.

your lease should state that tebabts must keep all utilities current, so gove them a notice to cure or vacate
Originally posted by @Max T. :

Yes you can enter the property and provide access to PGW if you give the tenants proper notice according to your lease.

Thank you !

Originally posted by @Andrew Boettcher :
your lease should state that tebabts must keep all utilities current, so gove them a notice to cure or vacate

Is there a rule on how such a notice must be delivered ?

Originally posted by @Lana Lee :
Originally posted by @Andrew Boettcher:

Is there a rule on how such a notice must be delivered ?

Yes. Those rules are called your state laws. You should read through and understand fully, every local landlord/tenant law and how it pertains to you. Only then, can you operate an effective business.

Learn all your state specific landlord tennat regulations before you proceed. It is your responsibility in operating a business to know the laws.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here