• Property Manager
  • Lakewood, OH
Votes |
Do you rent to Lawyers?

Anthony R.
  • Property Manager
  • Lakewood, OH
Posted Apr 10 2018, 16:31

So let me preface this with, I go waaaaaaay out of my way to provide the best life and apartments I can for my tenants. I would argue that any property owner, regardless how big or small they are, could compete with the level of care I give my tenants.

I follow the laws and go well beyond what my responsibilities are as a landlord, mainly because, I love taking care of people and making their lives better while they’re in my buildings.

Alright, that all said, I have to know. Has anyone else actively refused to rent to a lawyer?

I’ve had more than one lawyer come to me to rent. Now luckily other qualified tenants appeared before them and I had valid options before they came along, so I was never put in a position to deny them solely on their profession. HOWEVER, I’d be lying if I said I wanted to rent to them. I've had my fair share of time dealing with people in the legal system as I was a MP in the Army for some years. I don't want to get into a legal pissing contest with a tenant so I'd prefer not rent to someone who's dangerous. 

I did about 10 seconds of research to find out if this was legal or not before I posted this so know it is legal to deny someone based on their profession (with the exceptions listed in the post) https://law.stackexchange.com/questions/27550/discriminate-based-on-current-profession/27551#27551

Loading replies...