Maria Dantas
  • La Palma, CA
Votes |
Turnkey Nightmare with Morris Invest - Indianapolis

Maria Dantas
  • La Palma, CA
Posted Apr 25 2018, 22:57

Hi there fellow investors!

We've done our first turnkey purchase with Morris Invest in Indianapolis about 6 month ago. A house in a C neighborhood near downtown, for about 50k. For this price the house was supposed  to be renovated and ready to rend. We had a hard time receiving photos of the process, and communication wasn't that good. Morris Invest gave the management part to Ocean Point, and things just got worse from there on, everyone is always too busy to come to the line, and calls are never returned. We got an email saying the property was still empty and they were having a hard time putting a tenant in place.

So we've decide to come by Indianapolis and find out what  was going on... as most of you can already imagine, things were much worse than we expected. When we drove by the house we noticed right away that it was the only house in the neighborhood that didn't have any work done in a looooooong time. It looked empty from the out side, so we try to get a better look inside, and that's when we noticed there is people living in the house, by what looks like they are probably squatting! I talked to a lady in her twenties, who said that they bought that house, then said they were actually leasing, and already living there for 8 months, then changed her story to "we are living here for 4 months". I was standing by her door and could feel the strong smell of weed coming from the house.

We called Ocean Point, but as usual everyone was too busy to come to the phone. I was outraged and wanted to visit their office in person, only to find out the address they have listed on their website its only for mailing, and they don't actually have an office for the public.

It's safe to say that we didn't do our due diligence enough with this one, and looking back we would've done things much different.

It's my first time going through something like this, and I'm not sure how to best handle this situation, what would be the best action in this case? If anyone has gone to something similar any tips or advises would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance, 

Maria Dantas

Loading replies...