Anyone ever used Cozy.com

56 Replies

Originally posted by @Forrest L. :

I used it for the first time last time I listed a unit and got 0 responses from that site. All my responses were from Zillow and the sites it partners with. 

Cozy really isn't a lead generation website. You can list your property on there and syndicate it out to Doorsteps.com and Realtor.com, but I don't get many leads through those sites. Ultimately Cozy is best for taking applications and collecting rent.

Originally posted by @Joe Splitrock :
Originally posted by @Forrest Lennhoff:

I used it for the first time last time I listed a unit and got 0 responses from that site. All my responses were from Zillow and the sites it partners with. 

Cozy really isn't a lead generation website. You can list your property on there and syndicate it out to Doorsteps.com and Realtor.com, but I don't get many leads through those sites. Ultimately Cozy is best for taking applications and collecting rent.

I agree I just saw it had the listing option and I didn’t have a good experience with it. I don’t see that it offers much that Zillow doesn’t already do. 

Originally posted by @Forrest L. :
Originally posted by @Joe Splitrock:
Originally posted by @Forrest Lennhoff:

I agree I just saw it had the listing option and I didn’t have a good experience with it. I don’t see that it offers much that Zillow doesn’t already do. 

That is true today but wasn't the case a year ago. Over the last year Zillow stared offering electronic payments, applications and screening. They didn't offer any of that when I signed up with Cozy a couple years ago. If I was starting out now, I would consider just doing it all with Zillow.

@Randy Bloch Home chat feature on my phone means a lot to me as I'm not always in my office or at home. I can easily handle every issue from my tenants related to the property when the notification pop up on my phone, everything can be done just from my phone. Other common features like free listings on 16 websites, free tenant screening, financial tracking, handling maintenance tickets are all covered. Another cool feature is that I can reimburse tenants for expenses on the app! Pretty cool and they seems to continue developing more cool features for users, always looking forward to that! 

Originally posted by @Clark Harris :

@Randy Bloch Home chat feature on my phone means a lot to me as I'm not always in my office or at home. I can easily handle every issue from my tenants related to the property when the notification pop up on my phone, everything can be done just from my phone. Other common features like free listings on 16 websites, free tenant screening, financial tracking, handling maintenance tickets are all covered. Another cool feature is that I can reimburse tenants for expenses on the app! Pretty cool and they seems to continue developing more cool features for users, always looking forward to that! 

Thanks Clark, does seem like they offer a lot.  I will check it out.  How to they make money? 

Originally posted by @Brian Hamel :

@Willard Blair I tested their background check with a person who had done time with multiple offenses. They missed all of it. As for rent collection I use it with one tenant. It is slow but works

I have heard this from the other Cozy threads, sounds like it would be better to go with a more reliable site than Cozy for background checks.