Kansas city, MO · Member since 2018 · 64 posts · 8 votes
Hi All!
I am a new out of state investor. I need to make rehab for my SFH. Currently, I have A PM which is super busy. Therefore I want to speed things up: To get bids for the needed rehab.
I am not sure how to tackle it: Would you allow "stranger contractors" to get into your house (By giving them the lockbox code)?
Currently, I don't have anything really valuable in the house, but I still not sure if I feel confident with it.
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion so quickly. A company that is in high demand is usually in high demand because they are very good at what they do. The same goes for a company that is in low demand and can furnish a bid at the drop of the hat.
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion so quickly. A company that is in high demand is usually in high demand because they are very good at what they do. The same goes for a company that is in low demand and can furnish a bid at the drop of the hat.
If a PM can't take care of my needs then I don't care how good anyone else says they are. But that's just me.
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion so quickly. A company that is in high demand is usually in high demand because they are very good at what they do. The same goes for a company that is in low demand and can furnish a bid at the drop of the hat.
If a PM can't take care of my needs then I don't care how good anyone else says they are. But that's just me.
No PM can do as good of a job as me and why I don't use them, then there are all the fees they charge.
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion so quickly. A company that is in high demand is usually in high demand because they are very good at what they do. The same goes for a company that is in low demand and can furnish a bid at the drop of the hat.
If a PM can't take care of my needs then I don't care how good anyone else says they are. But that's just me.
I don't think that you are looking at this from a rational viewpoint. If a company in any industry has a high demand there is a reason for it. You simply writing them off for being in demand doesn't make any sense. Likewise a company with very little demand has very little demand because they are either unproven or proven to be ineffective.
Rental Property Investor · Torrance, CA · Member since 2016 · 724 posts · 1k+ votes
7y
@Idan Narotzki I found myself a great agent that specializes in working with out of state investors. He estimates rehab costs for me. When I see a property I’m interested in he’ll go out and take a contractor with him. Find yourself a hard working agent that only works with investors. Unlike homebuyers, we are repeat clients. If he puts in the work for me I’ll buy every property through him. Also, the contractor gets a steady stream of business, so it’s worth it for them as well. It’s all about incentives. It would be difficult to find a contractor willing to give you a scope of work on a property you aren’t sure your going to buy. Unless you paid them $500 a pop to go out but that would get expensive real quick if you’re analyzing dozens of deals.
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion so quickly. A company that is in high demand is usually in high demand because they are very good at what they do. The same goes for a company that is in low demand and can furnish a bid at the drop of the hat.
If a PM can't take care of my needs then I don't care how good anyone else says they are. But that's just me.
I don't think that you are looking at this from a rational viewpoint. If a company in any industry has a high demand there is a reason for it. You simply writing them off for being in demand doesn't make any sense. Likewise a company with very little demand has very little demand because they are either unproven or proven to be ineffective.
I would say you are not looking at this rationally. If it comes to a point where your Dr can only see you for 60 seconds then that Dr has done you a disservice by taking on too many clients or not adding another Dr to handle more clients. Your great Dr has that everyone wanted as their Dr Is now providing poor service because he was greedy and took on more than he should have. Now he is getting a reputation for poor service.
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion so quickly. A company that is in high demand is usually in high demand because they are very good at what they do. The same goes for a company that is in low demand and can furnish a bid at the drop of the hat.
If a PM can't take care of my needs then I don't care how good anyone else says they are. But that's just me.
I don't think that you are looking at this from a rational viewpoint. If a company in any industry has a high demand there is a reason for it. You simply writing them off for being in demand doesn't make any sense. Likewise a company with very little demand has very little demand because they are either unproven or proven to be ineffective.
I would say you are not looking at this rationally. If it comes to a point where your Dr can only see you for 60 seconds then that Dr has done you a disservice by taking on too many clients or not adding another Dr to handle more clients. Your great Dr has that everyone wanted as their Dr Is now providing poor service because he was greedy and took on more than he should have. Now he is getting a reputation for poor service.
Well now you are just inserting your own facts into the argument. Who said that the O.P's company has a poor reputation? We have not been given that fact. From what I read they appear to be in high demand. Furthermore nobody said that the O.P's company wouldn't provide good service. Only that you would need to wait for it. Many top doctors are booked out for months at a time. Because they are in high demand. You won't win a debate by inserting new facts or changing the facts presented to justify your position.
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion so quickly. A company that is in high demand is usually in high demand because they are very good at what they do. The same goes for a company that is in low demand and can furnish a bid at the drop of the hat.
If a PM can't take care of my needs then I don't care how good anyone else says they are. But that's just me.
I don't think that you are looking at this from a rational viewpoint. If a company in any industry has a high demand there is a reason for it. You simply writing them off for being in demand doesn't make any sense. Likewise a company with very little demand has very little demand because they are either unproven or proven to be ineffective.
I would say you are not looking at this rationally. If it comes to a point where your Dr can only see you for 60 seconds then that Dr has done you a disservice by taking on too many clients or not adding another Dr to handle more clients. Your great Dr has that everyone wanted as their Dr Is now providing poor service because he was greedy and took on more than he should have. Now he is getting a reputation for poor service.
Well now you are just inserting your own facts into the argument. Who said that the O.P's company has a poor reputation? We have not been given that fact. From what I read they appear to be in high demand. Furthermore nobody said that the O.P's company wouldn't provide good service. Only that you would need to wait for it. Many top doctors are booked out for months at a time. Because they are in high demand. You won't win a debate by inserting new facts or changing the facts presented to justify your position.
By definition a PM shouldn't take 2 months as in your example.
If they can't provide timely service. Then you should move on to someone that can. Common sense.
If you want to wait for this good service then you certainly can.
Time is money. You are loosing it while waiting in line.
Belfast, Northern Ireland · Member since 2018 · 128 posts · 56 votes
7y
@Idan Narotzki
I would ask a trusted person in that market that you used in the buying process eg. An agent or lender for their advice on contractors. They usually have the experience in a market and they know who does the best work.