General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Jason Michel
Votes |
Landlord/Tenant in ohio

Jason Michel
Posted Feb 13 2020, 10:18

I moved from ohio to FL about 5 years ago and rented my old house out in ohio. First tenants were good no issues, second ones are a nightmare. I have a strict no pets policy, I know they have atleast 2, also have one of their mothers living with them without being approved or on lease, I also believe there is some damage that has been done. I sent them a notice to quit in beginning of Jan with the 31st to vacate, they obviously haven't. They paid Feb, paying 5 days late every month but it gets paid but want to evict on all the other issues.  I also found items I left in the property for the property being sold by tenant on a facebook garage sale.  Bottom line i need these tenants OUT.  So my next order of business is going to be taking a trip and trying to get an inspection. So I have a couple questions.  I know ohio has a reasonable notice requirement of 24 hours, so I don't have problem with that, I normally communicate with tenant via Text.  Would this be an acceptable method to deliver notice?  I could also post notice on door after I get in town in addition.  Do i need permission after that from tenant or can I just go in and do my inspections? Does tenant have to be there?  Second question is if tenant is present but has specific doors closed(bedrooms etc), can i access those area's.  I believe thats where they are hiding animals.  Also as far as unathorized tenant, any tips on what can constitute proof. We have someone that goes by the house daily and notices both animals in windows and the unauthorized tenant on porch smoking

Loading replies...