Votes
Amy A.
  • Portland, ME
Votes |
Scary Facebook post on pets

Amy A.
  • Portland, ME
Posted Feb 14 2013, 06:07

I have taken this from a friend of a friend's wall. I don't know if you can really be sued simply for advertising "no pets", but case law supports what she says. Anybody can claim to have a "therapy pet" and there's nothing you can do about it, even if it's damaging your property. On a side note, I heard that the Best in Show rabbit at the national rabbit convention one year was transported in the cabin of an airplane because the owner claimed it was a "therapy pet", lol!

See the crazy lady's post below:

LANDLORDS..... keep in mind when you say NO PETS you ARE discriminating AGAINST disabled people with therapy pets BEFORE they have even had a chance to get into your building.. like the blind who has a therapy dog, or the elderly who might have a therapy cat, or the CHILD who might have special needs only his therapy dog can do... and THEY CAN AND WILL SUE YOU to own the property you are trying to rent... so reconsider renting to them that way you collect the money from them and retain your property instead of losing the property to them for DISCRIMINATION... cause i have had enough of being discriminated against and i hope all DISABLED people with THERAPY PETS ban together!! MAINE LAW says you CANNOT DO THIS.

Loading replies...