• Rental Property Investor
  • San Anselmo
Votes |
Ugly Satellite Dishes on Apartments

Justin R.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Anselmo
Posted Jul 9 2020, 10:23

I own a 18 unit apartment building in Georgia and currently rehabbing the entire structure. The building was built in the 70's and was not wired for cable. The previous tenants had Direct TV or Dish satellites placed everywhere so they could get cable, running the coaxial lines through their windows. This looked horrible, but their options were limited.

During rehab I was initially planning on running new cable networks throughout the building. Both electricians did not want the job simply because there is no attic space. Each unit would need extensive drywall repair going to each bedroom after placing the cable lines.

For $1350 a month I can have a "dedicated circuit" of DSL ran to the apartment complex and offer landlord supplied internet. I understand this would bring more issues than just the monthly cost (router maintenance, ongoing issues, password authorizations, potential speed problems, etc) Would this be a viable option for the tenants if they can all "stream" their cable from this? Im hoping to offer them a service, and at the same time eliminating the ugly dishes from the property which would attract a better resident pool.

Any experience, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

Loading replies...