Month to Month Lease

4 Replies

Hey, I am looking to house hack in my home and want to do a month to month lease first. Does anyone have a good month to month lease they would be willing to share?

Thanks for your help!

The downside of a month to month lease is that it doesn't represent as much permanence for landlords who are seeking long-term tenants. Tenants can give their vacate notice in as short as 30 days' time. ... If a landlord wants to get rid of a problem tenant, they often have to wait until lease renewal time to do so.

Hey Victoria,

Have you searched for a Pennsylvania lease? There are nuances between each states laws so a Texas lease may not work in PA.

You should be able to find the lease that PA agents use online somewhere. That would be a good starting place.  

Find a local real estate attorney and pay them for their lease. It won't be that expensive and you'll have an attorney ready to go to bat for you if you need them to. Finding something online for free will cost you in the long run- you get exactly what you pay for. 

Originally posted by @Victoria Radcliff :

Hey, I am looking to house hack in my home and want to do a month to month lease first. Does anyone have a good month to month lease they would be willing to share?

Thanks for your help!

Hey Victoria,

I would not accept someone else's lease. If they are not in your specific area, a lot of things in it could be illegal or not allowed in your area. I would either draft one up yourself and pay a lawyer to critique it, or have them write you one up from scratch. This will ensure the most protection. 

Also the month to month is a good option. I do them all the time in my house hacks.

-Matt